- Risk Threat Vulnerability Assessment of the church and campus
- Developing a written plan of options to present to the Pastors and Board that fits within the church’s culture.
- Developing a policy handbook with SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and the roles and responsibilities of static and mobile teams, ushers and greeters.
- Recruiting and vetting candidates for the security team and hiring a director to oversee campus security, events, and travel
- Training of team members in the established SOPs and creating a budget for the security team - training, radios, CCTV, medical equipment, etc…
- Protective intelligence program specific to the church’s liabilities
- Integrating the security team within the church’s administrative staff
- Reaching out to local L.E. & EMS for support, direction.
- Establishing a team of volunteers to augment regular security staff for large events and travel
- Monthly training to maintain standards (Budget needed for training, ammo, and range fees)
- Clear understanding of Use of Force Policy
- Realistic goals regarding timelines of training and maintaining standards
- Education of church staff to fully understand the goals, rolls, and responsibilities of the security staff which should be:
Ensure safety and security of church personnel and assets, members and guests
Facilitate administrative productivity
Protect the public image and reputation of the church.